Thursday, October 23, 2014
Why is learning English difficult for me?
I think English is the most important language in the world. Actually, it is an international language, so
we can see a lot of English billboards, advertisements, and phrases everywhere
when we are outside and inside. Although it
is difficult to learn it, English is really familiar for us . There are three reasons why I think learning English
is so hard. Japanese and English are different grammar. It means Japanese sentence
structure is very different from English. For instance, when I say “ He is a
student. “ in Japanese, it will be “ He a student is. “ The order is not same
as English. Therefore I am very confused when I speak English because a
complete structure in Japanese exists in my brain. Pronunciation is also very
difficult. I think many people who learn English have same ideas as me. For
Japanese, it is so hard to pronounce “ th ” and “ r ” sounds because we do not
have these sounds in Japanese. Even if I learn how to write a paragraph and
read English books so hard, I will be not able to speak English fluently I need
to practice and improve my speaking skills for communicating with foreign
people. I think many people experienced the situation that native speakers talk
to us, but we don’t understand because they have accents and speak English very
fast. In addition, English has words which are same pronunciation, but they have
different meanings. Sometimes this will become a problem because of
misunderstanding. So I have to speak English with exact pronunciation. Learning English is a
part of compulsory education in Japan. Almost all of the Japanese students
start to learn English in junior high school. Many students learn English from
Japanese teacher during compulsory education, so they cannot hear real English.
I think the best way to learn English is talking with native speakers. This is
because that we can hear real English and communicate by using English. In
conclusion, Japanese people feel learning English is difficult because of
grammar, pronunciation, and Japanese education. However the more I learn English,
the more interesting to talk in English.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment