Thursday, October 23, 2014

" Today you... tomorrow me "

Three years ago, a hitch hiker was in trouble. He was driving his friend's car, but then it broke suddenly. He was stuck in the side of a road. His car's tire was popped. He needed help, but no American ever helped him. Do you know who helped him? It was an immigrant from Mexico. He couldn't speak English at all, but his daughter could. Even though they were poor and had no money, they helped to fix his car. He tried to give money to the immigrants, but they refused. He kept trying to give the Mexican money again and again, but the Immigrant kept refusing to take it. The reason that the Mexican didn't take the money is because he just wanted be a good person. He didn't intend to help the hitch hiker to get money. He said to the hitch hiker " Today you... tomorrow me. "He cannot speak English well, so this is impressive. It means I helped you today and someone will help me someday when I have a problem. I really enjoy this saying, because it is easy to say and understand. I think it has a very good meaning. Because of this story, I decided to help people who are in trouble because I experienced the act of being helped myself. The hitch hiker also said that he would be more helpful in the future because of the immigrant, so I think I feel the same way that he feels. I hope that many people will become better thanks to this story.


http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/elal2/have_you_ever_picked_up_a_hitchhiker/c18z0z2

1 comment:

  1. Mami,
    Very good summary and a very interesting article.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete